A Parting Shot At Sundown


Tell me the sun is colour cream towards the heavens,
It journeys from west down to farther east
And finds home at night like tonight;
Tell me what I know not; the truth spill at the very least.

Tell me your mind was lost to lures of jealousy
When a briskly breeze uncloaked a wandering, open rump.
I could bear the loss of a lover with greasy goodbyes,
The truth spill at the very least and I’ll take my lump.

Once we walked as honey and bee – side by side,
Hands holding hands; lost in love we thought we had.
It was us against the world, now the world is between us;
Tell me truth, tell it all. Leave me sad, don’t leave me mad.

Wounded words of a broken heart
Lose reasoning when pampered with lies;
Come plain, so if someday our paths collide,
Hello to hello would breed no odious ties.

May the stars shelter memories of us from wearing off;
The past must be buried with this weary, waning sight,
For what must be has come to be.
I wish you well. For one last time, be well; goodnight.

** © 2016 Michael Olajubu (alias Jacobs Adewale) **

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...