Barren Me


Skidding brooks cascading from twin telescopes
Mask in futility a fragile orange face
That pleads anguish to sing no song
As grief writes the heavens in a letter
Stamped with crimson scar
From a heavy heart.

Along the orbit of perception,
A concerned nightingale yells her yearnings
In the shadows of a crestfallen night:

“Dear Creator, dare I crave
To repose in the sheath of extinction
If no mortal seed will fetch life from my fertile bosom.

“At the rise of sun,
A neighbour’s goose when in gaggle
Often scorns my weary womb by the wiggle
Of her snowy fluffy tail
Before a quartet glad gosling,
Bopping beneath the rays of the somnolent sun.

“I dread to make shipwreck of faith
If no miracle implants in me joy to raise.

“Dear Creator, intently consider my plea
And efface my name from the book of the barren.”

Yours despairingly,
Barren me.


** Written by Jacobs Adewale **

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...