I Am Black And Comely


He brought me to the banquet house.
Naked and innocent I laid.
Bannered me with daring black,
Gently and meticulously he clothed me.
Upon my bones so ran my clothes.
And like the dust of Sahara, was I fine and smooth.
I shined, I sparkled as a rocky soot.
And like the brooks of Nile.
I felt wet but health!
I am risen to bear this color.
The colour of black which is comely!
But as a raven, yea, am proud.
The wet-black liquor on me, very profound.
The liquor, much costly as heavenly ophir.
Spreading from my crown down to my tip.
Running on me leaving no part unturned.
I neither need to lighten nor darken!
Tender and firm, my skin glistens.
Standing tall and defiant.
I am truly black but comely.
When I was young,
Thou in me art beautiful.
Strong and defensive as an army with banner.
With black, I am with power!
Like a warrior, thy might dreads.
Unfading and radiating thy glory bears,
And with the dark touch, I feel soft, smooth and safe.
In my color lies true beauty.
Then, as old as I grow - 
Thy fabric, comes out in my regions.
Like firs they all stand aloof.
Smooth and tender, they rise on thee
As a gate, they fend for thee,
Protecting thy dignity and preserving thy strengths.
Like beads, they adorn thee,
Curly and curvy;
Black and comely, they all are!
Adding beauty to beauty.
I AM BLACK AND COMELY!

== Copyright. Written by: DAPHEREDE.A.TOMISIN. ==

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...