An Ordeal With Mosquitoes


From whence they came, I didn’t know,
Sinisterly flitting on air in huge numbers, where should I go?
One drew my ear, another clouted my face,
I had done no wrong; heavenly Father I need your grace.


Coherently, I heard their war song
Overwhelming the mild melody of the night,
Swiftly, I let my phone reveal the light,
Where were they? Nowhere, I searched for long;

They had gone into hiding, away from sight,
Again tranquility won, I returned to bed;
Aw! My leg, the captain injected in me dread,
Then I took cover. Was I safe? Not quite;

Aw! The deputy shot my thigh,
In fury I sought a weapon,
Repositioned, pesticide firmly grasped; exuded bothersome sigh,
Then came the captain. Fuu! Killed him, “Now that’s fun...”

Sardonically, said I. The war song was dead,
“Run for your life”, heard them say;
Fuu! Three down, proboscises dysfunctional and jammed,
Lips chuckled, saying, “There you have it... pay day!”



I sprayed the room, they ran,
And when in haven saved, they turned and cackled at me;
Now I can’t sleep, what a day!
And if they tomorrow return, I pledge to discharge the persecutor in me.

Next time, no pity; no mercy,
Let them engage the army and then we shall see
Whom the gods will favour;
Lips softly blathered, “Come taste my wrath, what are you waiting for...”

Then sought I the cosy arms of my bed,
They were gone. Whoopee! Ventilated sigh of relieve;
A hunger for sleep, a pass to dreamland I begged to receive,
Luckily, I was heard. Oblivion had me detained, and it was the end.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...