A Triumphant Tale


I caught the challenge time threw at me,
It didn’t, it couldn’t kill me; I vanquished it,
Ripped the belly, sipped pints of its syrupy orange blood; enjoyed it,
And when ear heard, blessed it called me.


I paid the demand today asked of me,
The dividend was a visa to tomorrow,
Then I packed my valise, burnt all arrays of sorrow,
And when ear heard, prudent it called me.

Gradually, eventually did I soar to height I would rather be,
Than recline below amidst minds dreary and narrow;
I declared support to whoever desired to follow,
And when ear heard, incredible it called me.

I shall never rest till more glory is all I see;
Don’t tell me it won’t be easy, already I know,
But I shall never cease to thrive and grow,
So when ear will hear, bow it will to the guts in me.

And to God be the glory
For the exploits all the way,
What more can I say?
Here is a triumphant tale, this is my story.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...