We Are Here; Who Cares?


To think that people care
Is a tragic thought I can’t bear.
Frightened by nightmares, I weep. I wake at dawn
And from no one is a speech of ease; so I mourn

Everyone laughs at my mistakes
With such a burden to live in a world of heartbreaks
To think you would have my back,
What a shame to watch you leave when I lack

I searched for the one who truly cares
Who could understand even beneath my tears
No one I saw;
At all sides, my sight was sore

When the word ‘care’ comes to mind
Who claims to love with proves so hard to find?
Little itsy-bitsy things as this we ignore
Only for hearts to languish in anguish beyond cure

To all orphans and pariahs starved of an embrace of care
I share your pain as I pen down your tears
And wish the world would someday know you are there
With or without moments that call for cheers

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...