I Believe We Can Make It Work

I believe in the dream of a better tomorrow
Where you and I can live in peace and harmony;
Not agonizing over our aspirations in pieces and shattered dreams.

I believe that we can make it work
If only we can give it a try today not waiting till tomorrow;
Just one more try for the sake of our children, brothers and sisters.

I believe we can live to hope again
Even when we all have lost some of those we cherish and adore
To that one little mistake to have cared less and paid little attention
Out of ignorance and pride without a second thought.

I believe we can rise again after so much falls;
I believe in the dream of a better tomorrow,
Where our smiles can truly be meaningful
Without enduring so much pain and grudges inside.

We can make it work only if we give it just one more try,
Though we have failed in the past with so much disgust in mind;
Not realizing we were constructing readily tombs for generations to wallow in.

I believe we can conquer hate to embrace love,
Regardless of who caused us so much soreness and misery in the past.
I believe in a tomorrow with a better you and I
Living life as it should be lived for generations to emulate
Without so much killings, bombings and destruction.

I believe and still believe
That we can make it work no matter how long it may take,
As long as you will be there for me and I for you;
As long as we will be there for one another in sickness and in health.

I still believe we can make it work,
In the midst of the anguish and throbbing.
Truly, I do believe;
Only if we can just believe to make it work

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...