"We Stay Too Long"---Gideon Adegoke

We sleep and wake
To lust,eat and defecate
Like whales and fishes in the lake.

Hours are too long
Nights are tedious and days a pong
For we stay too long
Perhaps 'cause  for me,I'm drowning;
And dead are things fascinating
It's and arduous comfort to keep breathing .

Today so sweet,tomorrow damn bitter
I'm not certain that here's better
For what good is that gold which stops to glitter?

For we stay too long!
I'd have preferred the air seized the day I to here belong
For what good is there in living?
Since life is a shadow and it's as if we're dreaming.

There is life impeccable greater than life
And bigger than to be cut with any kind of knife
For i see no occasion here than our greed for corn,
Our intense greed for wine and corn is chasing than the wind till morn.

As i with the lions wish to live again
But not here like they say,for on me galls rain
For i pray those days reign
For we stay too long.

---------By Gideon Adegoke--------

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...