Who Needs Luck?


If I had ever needed luck,
it would have been when I sought
to see the world in its true colors,
for its true form and the ones who dominate
from the unobvious cubicle divinely fashioned
in the inside of a woman – mother

But luck didn’t bring me to light,
nor did it witness my very birth;
for all the choices made and steps taken
that raised or denied my cravings,
in them all did luck play no pleasing part

And to this very day I still can feel
the sun at day plant a tickling smile on my skin,
and night lifts its dark and daunting arm over my face,
till this very day, I have known not luck…

To aid a man to a place of destiny
where sadness bows to gladness,
groaning turns to glory and penury to power.

I have known instead, faith, love and kindness,
diligence and resilience, guts and grit to awaken dreams;

Who then needs luck?


*** Copyright 2017 Michael Olajubu aka Jacobs Adewale ***

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...